|Parkinson's Measurement||Home PDMeasure Postings Data Studies Tools Philosophy Contact|
|Research by PwP for PwP||NEW... PDMeasure: integrated survey and test environment. See. NEW... Sensory Strobe: flashing lights and metronomic sound. See.|
NotesIn what follows, LK denotes the left key and RK denotes the right key.
1. The results are calculated as follows:
- the number of completed LK, RK cycles;
- an extra 0.5 if RK has been pressed, but not the following LK;
- an extra amount up to 0.475 based on an estimate of progress between the last key press and the test end. This is done by noting the time between the last key press and the end of the test and dividing it by twice the time required for the last completed half cycle;
- there is no punishment for pressing the wrong key, other than the wasted time.
2. To be comparable with the Core Assessment Program for Surgical Interventional Therapies in Parkinson's Disease (CAPSIT-PD) test
- the distance between LK and RK should be 30 cm;
- the duration for each hand should be 20 sec.
"Timed tests in the clinical assessment of motor function in Parkinson's Disease"
Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, Dec 2000.
Instructions for CAPSIT-PD
(In fact the test here is slightly harder in that it requires a greater degree of accuracy in the movements.)